Housing With Heart
We aspire to provide our residents with more than just a place to live. We want to provide them with a home and a community.
To be a leader in creating community by developing and sustaining quality housing that is safe, secure and affordable.
A safe, secure, affordable home for everyone.
We value dignity. Therefore we:
- Are compassionate and empathetic
- Value diversity and accept differences
- Are accessible and inclusive
We value dedication. Therefore we:
- Strive for excellence
- Are energetic and passionate
- Encourage creativity and idealism
- Are committed to achieving meaningful outcomes
- Are generous with praise and recognize successes
- Are always aware of our responsibilities to our staff, tenants, and the community
We value ethical conduct. Therefore we:
- Act responsibly and with integrity
- Foster an atmosphere of trust, respect, and open communication
- Are honest and transparent in our interactions
- Are efficient and effective in all our activities
- Are responsible for our decisions and actions
- Follow through with our commitments
We value partnerships and member involvement. Therefore we:
- See ourselves as working partners with our members, board of directors, tenants, volunteers and staff
- Foster dynamic relationships with partners and the community
When New Chelsea Society was founded by branches of the Royal Canadian Legion in the Vancouver area, the original intent was to provide affordable housing to veterans. As the communities we operate in have evolved, we’ve evolved with them to broaden our mandate to include seniors, people with disabilities, and families. Our 20 affordable housing properties offer residents a range of housing options to fit their needs. Additionally, we have temporary housing available at Winch House for members of the Royal Canadian Legion and the Army, Navy, Air Force Veterans in Canada, and emergency first responders who have been injured and need a welcoming place to heal.
No matter who we work with, our primary goal is to provide them with safe, clean, affordable housing at reasonable rates. To us, housing with heart means being more than just a non-profit housing society or a landlord. It means caring about everyone that lives in a New Chelsea Society residence. Integrity, dignity, and compassion are guiding values that help us deliver on this promise to every resident.
As we imagine a future for our region where everyone has access to affordable housing, we will continue to exercise leadership to create community and increase the number of affordable housing options available. And most importantly, we will provide people with a place to call home.